Since I’m burned out on travel and homework, here’s a list of the IMDB bottom 100 I’ve seen, with notes
Dang, I neve realized how many MST3k films there are in here, and I’m sure I’ll miss a few since some are so forgettable (the movie, not the riffs).
- Manos: The Hands of Fate —Whoo boy, even with the various riffings this is hard to watch, but I did pledge some money to http://www.manosinhd.com/ and wow does the restored print look nice.
- Disaster Movie —I watched like 15 min on cable and felt really stupid for doing so
- Final Justice
- Birdemic: Shock and Terror —I’m going to include The original with this; I’ve found these movies to be more unwatchable than what other people give them jeering-praise for. Manos is interesting because it’s old and features Torgo, Birdemic just goes nowhere and there’s too little cougar guy.
- The Starfighters —Another that’s hard to watch even with riffing, but did feature some pretty looking shots (but how could you screw up plane footage).
- The Hottie & the Nottie —have not seen this, but I am offended it exists
- From Justin to Kelly —I feel this movie is the biggest reason the classic style of the Gidget and Moondoggie teen-beach film is unbankable in the modern age (the second being was that the original horse was beaten in to a fine glue). How Did This Get Made has a great episode about it.
- The Wild World of Batwoman —So messed up, so racist.
- The Pod People —I can never remember the title of this, since it makes no sense (both the title and movie). I just call it idiot control now
- Space Mutiny —ROLL FIZZLEBEEF! BLAST HARDCHEESE! Ok I’m sure you’re getting sick of the direct MST3k quotes. One of the thing I find very interesting about this film is that it was made in South Africa during the height of Apartheid, and I find a subtext in this about not giving up the current system at any costs.
- Invasion of the Neptune Men / Prince of Space
- Girl in Gold Boots —One of the few MST3k dvds I own
- Monster a-Go Go —I don’t think I’ve actually watched the whole thing. Has Anybody? Was there really a monster? (Spoilers: no)
- The Pumaman —I almost expect him to get a New 52 reboot.
- The Final Sacrifice —The film is actually entertaining on it’s own, and the history behind is is actually pretty neat, eh?
- House of the Dead —Sometimes I chant house of the dead, house of the dead for no real reason. Also I had a fridge logic of there being too many zombie types in this for it to work.
- The Touch of Satan —Other MST3k dvd I own, this movie is too bad, I just can never finish it.
- Titanic: The Legend Goes On… —Another I could just not finish, and I’m usually more lenient with animated stuff if it’s not really annoying baby stuff. Or maybe it was the other animated Titanic movie…
- The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? —Still the best title ever.
- The Beast of Yucca Flats
- I Accuse My Parents
- Tangents / Time Chasers
- Santa Claus —My family hates me for trying to force this into the Xmas Movie Rotation
- Alone in the Dark —I think this is the point where Uwe Boll really just said ‘fuck it’ (even more so than before)
- Laserblast —A mere footnote to Star Wars
- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians —My mom had fond memories of watching this as a child (my dad grew up like a Dickens orphan and never had such luxuries), but still refuses to see it again.
- Mitchell —I’m starting to notice a trend of bad movies being either Sci-Fi, Horror, or Crime.
- Battlefield Earth —I am surprised anybody in this had a career afterwards. This is on my top of the ‘cinematography of shame’ list. Does not surprise me at all the people who made this were busted for fraud.
- Cool as Ice —This should be shown to schoolchildren to illustrate what the early 90’s were like.
- Troll 2 —The only one I know that was filmed in my state. See also Best Worst Movie.
Hey people of salt lake today and tomorrow you all should come down to the Urban Arts Gallery in the Gateway (across from Z’Tejas) because there’s a winter show with many works being sold for good prices.